Sports bettors and casino players in Pennsylvania have been lucky enough to have plenty of options when it comes to the apps they use to play online. As of this week, those options will be even more plentiful, as Fanatics has launched a brand new igaming product, along with a re-branded version of the PointsBet Sportsbook, dubbed Fanatics Sportsbook.
As Poker Industry PRO reported last week, Fanatics Betting & Gaming, which acts as a subsidiary of Fanatics Holdings Inc, soft launched its new products on Monday, January 22. After two days of being supervised by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, the products were officially launched and are now fully licensed and open for play.
Existing PointsBet customers have had their accounts converted to Fanatics Sportsbook and will be able to access both the sports betting platform and the online casino via the same Fanatics App on their mobile and desktop devices.
New App Offers New Features & Games
According to Fanatics’ press release, which was posted online on January 22, the new Fanatics App will offer a complete experience to sports bettors and casino players in the Keystone State.
The company acquired PointsBet in 2023 for $225 million, and with it acquired its technology, including one of the best live betting platforms in the world.
The new Fanatics Sportsbook app will include this live betting platform, along with plenty of other features, which include:
- Personalized User Experience: The discover page in the new app will be fully personalized for each user, showing games, bets, promotions, and bonuses most relevant for that particular user.
- Live Streaming: In partnership with Genius Sports Ltd, Fanatics Sportsbook will bring you live streams of many of the most anticipated sporting events across the US and abroad.
- FanCash: The lucrative player rewards system brings cashback for all sports bettors, with 1% cashback awarded for single bets, 3% for parlay bets, and 5% for all same-game parlays.
- New Casino Games: The new casino operator brings a full portfolio of casino games powered by Light & Wonder, with hundreds of popular slot titles on the list.
- Live Casino Platform: Powered by Evolution, Fanatics Casino will feature many of the best live casino games out there. Real-time gameplay on mobile devices, a wide range of betting, and many other features are available.
- Fanatics Games Studio: In partnership with Boom Entertainment, the Studio will bring unique and exclusive casino games to the Fanatics Casino platform, with numerous titles expected to launch within the next two years.
Fanatics Continues US Expansion
Fanatics Sportsbook was initially launched in 2023 in just four states and has since expanded to a total of ten states.
In August last year, the company made a strategic acquisition of PointsBet, integrating their powerful sports betting platform into its arsenal and greatly improving its overall offering.
Now that Fanatics has launched its online casino platform in Pennsylvania with success, it remains to be seen which next steps the company will make in it US expansion.
While online poker has not been on the agenda as of yet, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan online poker all provide potential opportunities for further expansion should Fanatics acquire an online poker platform in the future.
For the time being, we can expect to see the sports betting and casino products launch in new jurisdictions in 2024, as the company continues to battle for its share of the highly competitive igaming markets.